Monday, April 5, 2010

Contraversy With Adam Lambert's Makeup Line For Men!


Adam Lambert

So this subject is getting mixed views for sure and well I just felt like blogging about it.
I was watching Better and well they were talking about how Adam Lambert is in process of making a whole line of cosmetics for men!
And alot of the topic was over just plain "Guyliner,"
fortunately for all you War Paint wearing men out there it's not just about the Guyliner.
Adam has said he will have alot in the makeup area for men including Eye Shadow, Foundation, and Nail Polish just to list a few things hes gonna be putting out on the market.

I did a quick search on the web and well alot of sites asked "Would you buy Adam's Makeup line for men?"
shockingly I don't know if these responses were from homophobic people or just straight up rude people but just to list a few of the comments by these people included:

"Ummmmm….YUCK!!! Sorry, I prefer my men to not try to out female me! He does NOT look good, neither does Navarro! (Of course, HE is a tiny thing and is hardly what pops into mind when I conjur up manly men)!"

"only if i wanted to see a guy get beaten up – then sure yeah i’d make him wear it"

"Legend? Really Janet, what are you smoking? The guy is a total joke. His voice is horrible and all he does onstage is ram his sexuality down everyone’s throats in a desperate attempt to be “shocking”. As for men wearing makeup I think it’s gross. Gay or straight a man should look and act like a man. If you want to be a woman get a sex change and be done with it."

"Every decade or so someone tries to launch a line of men’s cosmetics. It happened ten years ago with the “goth” look, and it also happened in the 1980’s, when guys like Robert Downey, Jr. were wearing eye makeup.
No big deal and the fad never lasts long."

And the list goes on and on and on...
the last comment I quoted hits close to home for me on a few levels.
first off with the whole statement of it just being a "Fad" if it was a fad then why to this day do alot of men still wear eyeliner?
whats so wrong with goth?
Personally I love goth it's not a look for everybody and you have to have the balls to go out in public with odds and ends and you know what no matter what way you look at it it all takes courage to stand up for what you believe in and quite frankly who cares if Adam wants to make a cosmetic line for men to a bunch of people he could be God.

whos to say hes not paving the way to a new view on how people should or shouldnt be?
no matterwhat you do theres always going to be people to judge you and put you down for what you would like to accomplish with your life.
I dont know why so many people hate the damn man hes just someone who wants to do something fun with his life nothing more nothing less I truthfully give him props for his courage to do something not alot of people would atempt to do!

There are alot of gus that look good wearing makeup that are in bands or just crazy enough not to be a cookie cutter mold of the "typical" dude.


Bill Kaulitz!

Bill Kaulitz would be one of these people that looks good with makeup and well he looks good without it too XD gotta love the Tokio Hotel hee hee


Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp being my number one fave for men that wear makeup and well he just rocks even when hes a crazed mad hatter in Alice In Wonderlad ^_^

the mad hatter

Honestly it doesnt bother me at all that hes caked full of makeup its freaking Johnny Depp I wuld still makeout with him XD then again I have this Mad hatter and Alice complex too so it really doesnt help that SyFy had made Alice and she ends up hooking up with the sexy Andrew Lee Potts XD

ALP

okay so its still not fully determined if he wears "guyliner" but he still looks hot and hes got pretty eyelashes XD

Moving on to other War Paint Wearing Dudes


David Bowie

Yes thats right kiddies David Bowie a man that no matter how old he gets is just effwordingly SEXY!
I have chosen a more toned down makeup look for him but we all know the man has done everything and pulled it off awesomely ^_^


Criss Angel

Criss Angel the Midnfreak that blows us all away he looks quite pleasand sporting the guyliner in all its glory


Ville Valo!

My super all time fave man of eyeliner stats *swoons* Ville Valo of HIM XD
he has the most beautiful eyes ever and I honestly think guys thatwantto accent there eyes with eyeliner to make them stand out more well then cool more power to them it works its the first thing I tend to notice ^_^


Davey Havok!

The Lovely Davey Havok of AFI and we all know we love AFI so yeah ^_^

Davey however leadsme to someone I really am not that fond of and I find Him to be kinda not right... but I will say this much for the dude I do like some of his makeup styles and hes got a really pretty face wen its not caked with all that foundation and thick heavy eyeshadow...

do we know who I'm talking about?


Jefferee Star!

yep... :/ honestly I dont know what to say...

so yes with that I conclude my strange rant about men in makeup I would post more dudes but I just lost all my motivation XD
a few other guys include bands and peoples:

Malice Mizer,
Nikki Sixx,
Jared Leto,
Pete Wentz,
Dave Navarro,
Kurt Cobain,
Billie Joe Armstrong,
Ect Ect Ect...
yeah I would have to say we all know the guys in the world that wear the "Guyliner" "war paint" ad whatever else we all like to call it ^_^.

<3
Izzy

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin