Thursday, March 18, 2010

Book Review #2 (Twilight the Graphic Novel & Night's Edge)

So I have decided to do Book reviews XD
If that wasnt clear already lmfao I have been in a super read, READ, READ mode and well now I feel like sharing a little bit XD

So for starters the end results to:


I broke down and read it and well I'm quite pleased I already know the story of Twilight but this made it all seem really fresh again and it brought on a few noew aspects of the book which was really cool.

Young Kim added a few different items into the book and it's so subtle and awesome it just ties the book together nicely.
So all in all like I had previously noted its a really good visual stimulant and the art is well mde and has alot of detail.

Now on to my newest read XD
I was at the book store last night and I decided to pick up a few books after feeling like a turd for losing $5.00 to the slot machine fiasco,
I was feeling too cocky instead of lucky and I mistook that and for that I feel bad XD
I thought about it and thought since yesterday was St. Patty's Day and I'm Irish and it's year of the Tiger and I'm a Tiger I would have LUCK on my side,
in the end I got a rotten Egg.

so back to the books now hee hee this book appealed to me greately:

Night's Edge!
it's 3 books in one!
For some unknown reason I wasnt paying atention to the bigger bold print of the lady
Charlaine Harris and for that I feel like an Ass.
Complete and absolute Ass,
I tried to read "Dead Untill Dark" and well 6 pages in I wasnt feeling it.
I kept compairing it to "Twilight" and things that were wrong and it made me mad.

Any way it was Charlaine Harris's book "Dancers in the Dark" that drew me to get the dang book I didnt acknowledge her name till I got home and started studying the book more.

all it took to make me buy it was the short brief back cover that read:
Dancers in the Dark
by Charlaine Harris
(tho in my head the name was blocked out and fuzzy XD)

Dancer Layla Rue LeMay's childhood prepared her to handle just about anything,
including her aloof partner, Sean McClendon,
a three-hundred-year-old redheaded vampire.
even so, when she somehow acquires a stalker,
Layla Rue is suprised to find that Sean is the only one she can trust...

yep thats all it took and i had to nab it.
my interest in a readheaded vampire struck awesome in my head and I thought okay dancer its a stripper story which is odd but I got it any way.

End result on the stripper story I was dead WRONG!
it was about a group of dancers that worked at Blue Moon and preformed dances for events so they would tango and hip hop and waltz.
totally not stripper action which is what I was thinking XD DOH!

we find that Rue is really liking Sean and his Irish accent and she liked to make him mad becasue it would bring on the accent more so than normal XD

we learn that Sean has beautiful cold blue eyes and had freckles aroundhis under eye nose bridge area which rue found amusing.

I would have to say it was a good read and it gets really intense if you know anything about Charlaine Harris there is sexual burning desire and well it stays true for this story as well.

one thing I am mad about however the back of the cover says Sean's name is Sean McClendon but when we get introduced to him in the book his name is Sean O'Rourke.
other than that tiny little flaw in who sean was I was quite pleased with the book.

It has two other books that I havnt read yet one about a ghost and the other about a missing persons mystery. "Her Best Enimy" and "Someone Else's Shadow" will be the next two I read then I'll be done with "Night's Edge."

Next on my Book read list is a Novel Called Peeps.

till then the book review has been completed.

Izzy

P.S. The Twilight Saga: New Moon DVD D Day is Tomorrow Nigh at Midnight!
Have fun Kiddies

1 comment:

Wendyburd1 said...

I will stop by Target to see if the normal Widescreen version is in stock, but because I did NOT love NM, I can wait for a copy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin