Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Twilight The Graphic Novel Book Review Part 1

This is the Twilight graphic Novel and I would like to start out with NO I havnt read it yet I have just thumbed through a few pages and stopped here and there randomly.
From the pages I have read and saw though I would have to say it stays true to the Book.

This is Volume one of Twilight Graphic Novel and I must say the Images are delightful and breath takingly beautiful!

Some of the pages have little hints of color and some are full blown in color most are in black and white but I love how this book has been put together.

Young Kim did an outstanding job on bringing this Book to life from a whole new view.

I dont want to give away all the beauty so I'm only posting a few pics but I do reccomend for all the Twi-Fans out there or hell even just Manga crazed nerds it will make you very happy ^_^


1!



2!



3!



4!



5!



6!



7!


Now for a few of my Not happy thoughts about the book which arnt many so please dont hate me as I said the word not happy and Twilight in the same sentence.

I was expecting the book to be a bit longer than your regunar manga or graphic novel,
I'm happy its not becasue that means there will be maybe perhaps 2 books per Twilight saga volume so a total of 8 books?
I'm roughly guessing I could be wrong there could be more there could be less,
most likely more seeing as Breaking Dawn is a Fatty Fat Pants of a book XD

I was also expecting the hard back to be like the special editions of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn where you pull the slip cover off and the book has the image still on it meh small bs crap any how not that important.

I was kinda expecting a tad bit more substance like how in your traditional manga there are little side notes about the artist and doodles and such,
in the end after cracking open the book I'm really glad there wernt tho.

The pros about this Graphic Novel are just beyond Pro XD

The quality of the paper inside when you open it all the pages are I guess you can say a Semi Gloss its not just recicled paper that yellows after a long time like Mangas tend to do,
I should know the horror of that I own way more than the average Joe.

The art is beautiful for people who love the more human styled drawing vs the big goey eyed anime freakish people.
I love both so I'm not complaining at all I love the big goey eyes but I also like things to be detailed other wise I cannot get into the art or the story for the life of me.

which leads to my next pro!
Detail DETAIL DETAIL there is tons of it all the images I swear its like they pop out at you!

hell if you don't like reading you can just look at the images and be happy
I know I am XD

the book ends during the meadow scene with Bella and Edward
and leaves you really wanting more I just hope to the artist gods and the creator of this beautiful masterpiece it doesnt take as long as this volume took otherwise I think I might die XD.

I hope you like what you see and it is making you prone to getting a copy for your self even if your not a hard core twilight fan or a twilight fan at all I think this will open your eyes to a beautifully Illustrated world.

Now my only worry is,

How many people are going to be at anime vegas this year dressed as the Cullens XD
(yes people its officially a manga its doable in the anime cosplaying catagory UGH)

That is going to be the only thing that gets my goat bad T_T
you can't have it both ways without consequences right?

What kind of can of worms has this opened up now *Sulks*

<3
Izzy

1 comment:

Wendyburd1 said...

Eh Manga is really not my thing, but i am glad you are finding it mostly Pro's! And I bet 55% will be dressed as Twilight characters, but hey maybe you will see your Twilight parody people again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin