Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Finally got all my material WOOT ^_^

Today is a good day everyone !
I finally got all my materials needed to sew together my cosplay costumes for Anime Vegas 2009.

a little brief summary on my and Anime vegas I have went every single year when it started four years ago.

the first year I was just too excited about there actually being an Anime Convention in vegas i just had to go so I made my Sakura costume...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is one of the few pictures I have from my first cosplay masqueraid
I ran out of time to get a dress together so I had bought a premade devils dress and I aldered it tore out the sleeves and got white felt and rinestones to jazz it up a bit thought you cant tell from the picture LMFAO it was a fun cosplay and I even made my eyebrows pink ^_^

the judges loved that although I didnt win the competition but all was good.


Year two I ended up missing becasue I didnt think they were going to continue on with it becasue everything was jammed into one little area and not much was going on,
so i never attended that year sadly T_T

year three I now know I have to step up my game and mom and I cosplayed as Rem and Amane Misa from Death Note...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I would have to say that year was the best year ever I had tons of people running around screaming at me "HEY ITS REM" and dive bomb atacks of glompings from everyone and their grandmas.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

the prime example of all my fans lmfao I swear I couldnt walk three feet without someone petting me or grabbing me out of nowhere and stealing me away ha ha ha ha

the cutese moment I remember from that day was this little girl that was dressed up as Sis from Bioshock she came up and tugged on my pantaloons and asked if she could hug me and get a picture with me so I said okay and about cried it was just too darn cute I wish I had the pic of that T_T

sad to say I didnt win this year either but hey i am a determined person ^_^

now last year anime vegas 2008

now my total game face is on and I'm in super awesome outrageous mode thinking how to WOW the judges and figure out what I do wrong and correct it well I decided my mother and I should be none other than CLAMP's wonderful romance manga CLOVER ^_^

I was Suu a young 12 year old girl that was a caged bird for lack of a better name and my mom was Ourah and she was awesomely cool too ^_^

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I worked almost the whole year on these bitchin mechanical looking wings and it was by far the best thing I ever made even way before the cosplay had begun i was super excited about these wings becasue of all the blood sweat and tears I had put into constructiong them and making them metallic and glittery and just awesome ^_^

(along with this year notice the black kneebrace I got injured at work and it was two weeks before my surgery XD)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I had taken the corset from my Rem cosplay and recycled it to use with my Suu dress.
I had to add a buttload of gold trim accents to make it look wiked cool and i totally put my A game on even bigger and better than last year I have learned not to go the rout of normal cosplays and pick the characters people dare not do and push the envelope so I decided to do exactly that.

on that noe last year was my year to shine ^_^ I had finally won my first prize and not only was it my first prize and award it was Judges choice and it was the first year ever that the judges first place award went to a prop ^_^

so not only did i get my firs award i was first place and first ever in the prop catagory.

So ofcorse now I have to put my A game to an even better full on extreme and keep my title with judges chice first prize prop holder so I'm going to be doing ROZEN MAIDEN this year and okay i'm not doing any simple thing either my mother and I are going to be pushing the envelope with it and its going to be my first year as damn near close to cross dressing as a character ^_^

we are going to be the Suiseiseki & Souseiseki twins and my lovely boyfriend is going to be Laplace no Ma!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
this is my character Souseiseki

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
this is mom's character Suiseiseki

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And this is Travis's character LaPlace no Ma

and now onto the props of evil doom >_< Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This would be souseiseki's Scissors it is her tool for the "Alice Game"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This would be Suiseiseki's watering can it is her tool for the "Alice Game"

and LaPalace no Ma's prop would be his cane and well thats not to hard to make so yeah.

I'll keep you all updated on the progress of my cosplay ^_^

Hope you all enjoy what I have gotten so far ^_^
<3

1 comment:

Wendyburd1 said...

Wow you look amazing especially love last years costume!! You looked amazing! I can't believe your Mom does this with you! That is great! Please keep us updated, I find this fascinating, and I have zero Anime experience!LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin